-
November 5th, 2001, 03:55 AM
#1
Inactive Member
JR uses an adapter to attach the stock fuel pressure regulator to the stock fuel rail (at least on a 95 gsr). I'm wondering if it is possible to just bolt the FPR directly onto the stock fuel rail without using the adaptor in the middle? Here are a couple picts of it. The reason is with the stock fpr it's fine but with the AEM fpr, it's too high and it rubs against the stock strut bar.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...p=56034959&f=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...713&p=56034962
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
November 5th, 2001, 01:57 PM
#2
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JRCivic:
The adaptor plate is there so that the outlet on the FPR is pointed away from the intake manifold... if you try to bolt the FPR to the rail directly, you cannot connect the fuel line to the bottom of it... at least not without bending it a whole bunch... and this may damage the FPR.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jim, what if I flip the FPR around?? Will that work?
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
November 5th, 2001, 04:54 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
The adaptor plate is there so that the outlet on the FPR is pointed away from the intake manifold... if you try to bolt the FPR to the rail directly, you cannot connect the fuel line to the bottom of it... at least not without bending it a whole bunch... and this may damage the FPR.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
November 6th, 2001, 05:40 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Arghh!! just tested it..flipped it around, didn't fit without the adaptor...the problem is the adaptor is too high and the AEM is too tall, it's rubbing against the strut bar.
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
November 6th, 2001, 06:10 AM
#5
Inactive Member
i haven't taken measurements yet, but i was thinking about running a 90 degree fitting straight out of the bottom of the aem fpr and a braided hose to the return line.. ill show you what i mean tomarrow
------------------
-
November 6th, 2001, 06:12 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Sucks does't it?
I had to take my strut bar off when I got my SC kit put on. The strut rubbed agaist the FPR and the TB elec switch. I have thought about raising my strut bar a few mm's with washers, but never got around to it.
------------------
-
November 6th, 2001, 06:30 AM
#7
94Integra
Guest
I've been running without the strut bar since the AEM FPR went on.
I've asked before but seems no one could help except suggesting a new strut bar.
------------------
-
November 6th, 2001, 12:34 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I just turned my stock strut tower brace around, moving dr. side to pass. side and vice versa. Now the actual "bar" is behind the strut towers instead of in front of it.
I had to grind notches in the end brackets to clear my KYB shocks.
Works fine.
I tried grinding this and notching that and rotating the AEM "hat" and putting spacers under the brace. None of that gave enough clearance.
------------------
Greg Holden
96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
Best 1/4 ==> 13.356 @ 105.92mph (non-drag street tires!)
My JRSC Install Site
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks